Cripe Design, Architect of Record, in collaboration with Moody Nolan, Indianapolis, Indiana, developed the 68,200 square feet Lerner Project that included the expansion, renovation and restoration of the historic 1924 theatre. The north addition includes expanded lobby, handicapped accessible ramp to the auditorium, new restrooms, offices, green room, elevators, loading dock, 6,000 square feet Crystal Ballroom (see dedicated web page) , catering kitchen, grand stair, second floor lobby space, exterior balcony, new basement dressing rooms, storage rooms and large rehearsal space. The addition façade is designed to complement and blend with the restored historic façade. The existing theatre restoration includes the façade, existing theatre lobby, access stairs, second floor lounge and entire 1,700 seat auditorium and balcony. Renovations consisted of expanded lobbies, new restrooms, concession space, auditorium vestibule, new projection booth, stagehouse, a complete state of the art technology & sound systems upgrade for the auditorium and stagehouse, new stage pit lift, and new basement dressing rooms, and rehearsal/practice rooms for a resident theatre group. The project has been nominated for several state and national historic restoration awards.
Valley American Bank—currently the PNC Bank—was originally a 1901 era post office. After having served a variety of functions for many different owners it became a teen center and was finally left abandoned. It is now a completely renovated banking center with drive through facilities. The exterior façade was fully restored. The north entrance was physically relocated to the south façade and with a new elevator made handicapped accessible. Limestone slabs were handcrafted to blend with the federal style details of the original building. The existing south interior mezzanine was expanded to create a new ‘U'-shaped central atrium. The interior was renovated in a colonial style as desired by the owner. Partial floor levels were modified to accommodate on-grade access and drive thru facilities.
Holy Cross Hall and LeMans Hall dormitories on the campus of the prestigious Saint Mary's College, underwent extensive exterior restorations and numerous interior renovations. The exterior restorations of both dormitories included completely restoring masonry façades, replacing all windows and repairing or replacing existing slate roofs. All restrooms and showers were completely renovated. New fire suppression systems, lighting and electric outlets were installed throughout both buildings and carefully blended into their rich historic interiors. Two symmetrical masonry fire exit stairs were seamlessly added to the gabled ends of the flanking residential wings of Lemans Hall.